You're invited to our 2023 annual members' meeting!
Southwest Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation invites our members to join us Friday evening, August 11, 2023 at Jackson Fairgrounds Park, 800 S Highland Avenue, Jackson, Tennessee. Registration will begin at 5:00 p.m. Members who register will be eligible to win one of over 40 door prizes including cash, bill credits and smart televisions. A meal of sandwiches, chips, drinks and cookies will be provided by Heavenly Ham.
The business meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m., where STEMC’s leadership will provide an update on the co-op’s operation. They will present a financial report and talk about the significant activities that have taken place during the past fiscal year, as well as their expectations for STEMC’s future. After the business meeting, the STAX Music Academy Alumni Band will perform a blend of many different styles of music including rhythm & blues, funk and soul.
So mark your calendar for Friday, August 11, and come join the fun!
Board of Directors Election
Want to contribute to your electric co-op? Run for the board!
A member of the cooperative can run for an open position on the board of directors if they live in the district of a position that is open, obtain 15 member signatures on the official petition and complete and return said petition by the deadline - Friday, April 21, 2023. Petition packets will be available at all STEMC district offices on Monday, April 10, 2023 at 12:00 p.m.
The following positions are up for election in 2023:
- District 1, Position 4 - Tim Hanks, incumbent
- District 2, Position 2 - Brad Franks, incumbent
When will petitions be available?
- After 12:00 p.m., noon, Monday, April 10, 2023.
Where will petitions be available?
- At all 5 district offices.
What is required for a complete petition packet?
- 15 separate STEMC member signatures, a short biography and a photograph.
Where and when are petitions due?
- To any of the 5 district offices by Friday, April 21, 2023.
When and how will ballots be mailed?
- Ballots will be mailed in the July issue of The Tennessee Magazine.
How do I submit my ballot?
- By U.S. mail.
When are ballots due?
- Ballots must be received by Tuesday, August 8, 2023
When is the annual meeting?
- The 2023 Annual Meeting will be held at 5:00 p.m. at Jackson Fairgrounds Park, 800 S Highland Ave., Jackson, TN.