New Construction


Are you building a new structure or modifying an existing structure that requires a new electric service?

Are you re-connecting an existing structure that has been disconnected longer than 12-months?

Requirements for electrical service installation/reconnection:

After passing inspection by the State of Tennessee and a permit has been issued, please contact your local Southwest TN EMC office to finalize your service.

electrical permit plug

Where can I purchase an Electrical Permit locally?

For the most updated list of Permit Issuing Agents working for the State of Tennessee, click the button below.

on line

Can I purchase a permit on line?

Permits may also be purchased on line via the
Tennessee Department of Commerce & Insurance website.
Click button below.

For further assistance call 615.741.7170


Where can I purchase a meter base?

Construction Standards

Starting a new service?

Over the years, STEMC has made many changes to its member requirements for new services and specifications associated with those requirements. As a matter of consistency for members and contractors, STEMC has compiled and revised several drawings to aid members and their contractors in installing facilities for new services. Check out our guides and forms below for more information.

Service Installation Specification Book

Non-Residential Load Form

For questions about new services, please contact the Engineering Coordinator in your area:

Atoka - 901.622.0603
Brownsville - 731.585.0103
Covington - 901.622.0305
Henderson - 731.520.0407
Jackson - 731.554.1206