Five reasons to plant a tree in your yard
Hot summer days aren’t too far off. Why not start thinking about planting some shade trees in your yard to keep your family cool?
Here are five benefits of shade trees around the house.
- Planting shade trees strategically around your house can shield your home from hot sunrays in the summer. The less heat and light that comes through your windows, the cooler your home will be, and that means you could rely less on air conditioning. That can lead to lower electric bills.
- A hedge of trees and plants adds privacy to a backyard patio. But trees don’t only prevent others from seeing in; they can block an unsightly view and even diffuse noise from nearby streets and parks.
- Beautiful trees can boost your property values—by up to 15%, according to some nurseries. That makes planting a good investment.
- Trees that flower or those with leaves that change colors before they fall during autumn can add beauty to your landscape.
- Trees are good for the environment. Trees absorb carbon dioxide from the air, which slows the buildup of the gas in the atmosphere.